Sunday, February 16, 2014

It Is A Long, Cold Winter

Yes, it's been a while since I've blogged.

Here's an update on what has been going on:

I have spent lots of time creating art and learning new mixed media techniques.



It's interesting and fun. It's color play.  It's wild.  And I love it.

I've experimented with acrylic paint, watercolors, pan pastels, tissue papers and lace, gel medium, spray inks and stencils. And more often than not, the background layers are the most exciting part of the whole process for me.


I've collaged background layers with handmade papers and bits of old book papers.


I've learned that overlapping shapes unify the overall design.


Sometimes the background layers are so truly amazing, I'm stumped as to where to go next....
(This is a much darker color scheme than I'm used to. I'm still waiting to be inspired about the main focal image on this canvas.)


A bit of this, a scrap of that, a swipe of the brightest color I can find


So,....... what's next?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn,
    I found you on the 30 in 30 sign up. I don't live too far from you, relatively speaking, Roscoe Illinois. I thought it would be fun to follow my neighbors this time around. Do you have a Facebook page? Mine is https://www.facebook.com/JillRaeFinallyArt
    http://jillraefinallyart.blogspot.com/ my web page is the same name.

    hope to see your work.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete